Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

These mountains are killing me!

Re: Art Quilt No. 2 -

I have stared at these mountains for three days.  I have dreamed about them.  I have laid awake for hours wondering what's wrong with them and how I could fix them.

"Painting" with fabric is a challenge. You can't always find the fabric you like, much less what you need in order to complete a particular area.  I have even tried bleaching some of the cotton batiks to achieve the right coloration, to know avail.  Isn't it funny that if you accidently splash bleach on your pants, you have a white spot?  Not so on this fabric - I don't know how they dye them, but the color is there to stay.

At any rate, after another few hours of messing with them (again!) this morning, the mountains are starting to take shape. Think the clouds and sky are still too vivid...I see some acrylic paint in their future.  It's going to be a long summer!!





Laurel.  Think I'll go knit for a while.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Laurel I did not realize you also quilt. This is stunning. I wouldn't even know where to begin or what to do. I read your comment about Vintage Bricoluer and that would be quite fun however I have a previous committment that day. I was recently shopping at that exact store and of course lunching at High Hand to celebrate a friend's birthday. I love High Hand and all the shops. Happy knitting and stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a grand job of this. Looks like it is really coming to life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've set a mighty challenge for yourself. It looks better than you think. Maybe if you put it aside and didn't look at it for a few days you could see it with "new" eyes. This always helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seeing the start to a wonder product. Fun project.
    Always thankful for you comments on my posts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cool project! Don't give up on it. I can tell already that it is going to look awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate all those who share and leave their comments very much. Laurel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...