Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Grand Canyon Splendor

This or That Thursdays

Our recent road trip through the Southwest yielded a veritable treasure of stunning scenery to photograph. I remember my first trip to the Grand Canyon with our kids.  I was totally taken back and filled with emotion as I caught my first glimpse of her spectacular beauty.  Some places on this earth defy words, and surely this canyon is one.

Who can really capture the beauty of the Grand Canyon...I tried...


And tried...


But Dave won the contest...


 
See other photographs by my friends at This or That Thursdays.


Laurel. Blessed to travel.

7 comments:

  1. And you succeeded!! Wow, these are so beautiful...it's been about 25 years since I was last there and I can't wait to visit again one day. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are beautiful photographs that I'd be proud to take credit for, but that last one is a marvel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all three shots are beautiful! It's hard to capture something vast in a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are awesome shots. That is somewhere where I would just love to visit. My oldest daughter has just come back home after seeing the Grand Canyon. She loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. I've just become your latest follower :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shots! I love the last one. I want to visit the grand canyon one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laurel, I think the perspective in your shots are better...it looks like Dave added saturation and ran his shots through a filter or two...you could do the same for yours and it might sharpen them and add back some of the color that bright sunlight washes away in photos. Just a thought. I've never seen the grand canyon...one dAY....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate all those who share and leave their comments very much. Laurel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...