Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Missing France

This or That Thursday

Felt like writing a poem today to go with my photos taken at Versailles, France

 
***
Whose gilded hand
Has touched your life
And spun your world around

Whose fingers wrought
Your everyday
With tales imagination found

Whose mouth wide open
unleashed wisdom
For you to glory in

Whose thirst is quenched
by water flowing
To save you from your sin

***

 



 See other inspired offerings on Deb's This or That Thursday

Laurel. Missing France.

5 comments:

  1. France will do that to us, won't it. The beauty of Paris will never leave me. Love your poem.

    Thanks for visiting my little blog project and leaving such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your poem and think it stands very well on its own, even without the wonderful pictures. Oliver Wendell Holmes said it best: Good Americans when they die go to Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your poem, I envy your ability to use words like that :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poem is perfect with your lovely photos taken in France. Lilting prose...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate all those who share and leave their comments very much. Laurel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...