Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

In my own back yard

This is how it goes: You take a trip somewhere, anywhere, and you are awed by the beauty of the landscape.  The deserts and red rocks are different than the view out your front door.  You snap your camera endlessly so that you can remember its song, and all the while, just up the road at home is magnificence that you have taken for granted.  You have forgotten there are people in this world who dream of one day seeing your state's treasures.

After driving three or four hundred miles a day on our road trip, we traveled a mere hundred miles up the interstate to surprise our friends in Tahoe. How quickly we forget how blessed we are to live in Northern California.



Laurel. Enjoy a Sunday drive.

Linked to Our World Tuesdays.


9 comments:

  1. I agree with you Laurel! After traveling quite a bit of the U.S. - and parts of the world - I've come to realize how unique California is. And those of us who live in northern CA have it the best. We are 90 minutes from the beach, and 90 minutes from the snow capped mountains. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great series of shots!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes your pictures capture it all -those beautiful blue skies, azure blue water and even white capped mountains. Wow - why would you want to travel anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my backyard too! And your words tell it all too well. We live in such a beautiful area. Happy Trails to you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings from Oman!!!Great captures and have a great day!

    Shantana

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful area!

    Pearl

    p.s. Why do I live in such a low-tech apartment? :-) I left my husband (10 years) a month ago. The first place I lived in was a temporary stay with a friend who was in Europe at the time, and this is the first place I've ever lived on my own. I should have media and whatnot Wednesday, maybe Thursday. What a transition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such beatiful pictures and that water looks so blue. You do live in the beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shots. Wherever we are living - temporarily or otherwise - our days there can be so much brighter when finding something about that environment to appreciate (even running hot water!). Thanks for sharing your part of this amazing world and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate all those who share and leave their comments very much. Laurel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...