Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blind Date

My first poem in a long time...love the photo prompts from Tess at

Magpie Tales

The Mag #155


artwork by Joseph Lorusso

 
Blind Date
 

the photo was old
perhaps before kids
her profile was honest
yet some things she hid;
 
the booth was sticky
the waitress crisp
"I'll just have water"
she tugged on a wisp;
 
long minutes ticking
sweat penetrating blush
will he show? she stewed
I hope I don't gush;
 
no jacket or hat
no briefcase or phone
just him and his smile
just him alone;
 
unnoticed hours
glances and touch
without reservation
a kiss for lunch.
 
 Shared today at Magpie Tales

 
Laurel. How did you meet???

13 comments:

  1. Now that's some blind date! Good to see you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully crafted although I've never had a blind date that turned out this well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just him all alone, and oh that sweet taste of his lips...nice poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful poem. It really compliments the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the rhythm of this poem. That was some blind date!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this -

    without reservation
    a kiss for lunch

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely poem for a love filled lunch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like she doesn't see him at all!
    We met in a math class. Dreamy, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate all those who share and leave their comments very much. Laurel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...