Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Totally Random...

My blogging friend Nancy at A rural journal invited us fellow bloggers to participate in her regular Friday link-up where participants share 5 random facts, events, whatever...


So, since I am feeling very "random" about blogging these days, here are 5 things that I have been remiss to share in the past few weeks, assuming you really are interested...

1.) I made this incredible seviche from the Mexican cookbook of Rick Bayless and took it to a Sunday Cinco De Mayo gathering.  Lot's of yummy dishes from a lot of awesome cooks.  I think mine held up pretty well to the scrutiny...


2.) I go to a certain Goodwill outlet (I call it "nasty Goodwill") where junk is just piled into giant bins. Imagine my joy to find this beat-up chandelier in a bin.  It was originally wired with little lights - I ripped its little guts out, bent it back to shape and re-purposed the arms to hold little tea lights...my patio loves Nasty Goodwill.


3) I am basically somewhat demented. My granddaughter posted a cross-eyed picture of herself on my iPhone when I wasn't looking, so I texted her back this photo of me, telling her I crashed my car after seeing her photo on my phone. Oh yeah...Ketchup smells bad when applied to your face.


4) Some days I have no sense of what looks good on me.  Colette told me that this sheer pink jacket wasn't going to work, but I made it anyway. One should be careful with pink, i.e., I think the hubby might like it over a teddy.... was that TMI???


5) I am currently suffering from "Road Trip Deprivation". I need me some of this:


Laurel. Guess I'll go knit, then.

9 comments:

  1. Your picture of seviche is wonderful. I find food very difficult to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're right, Stephen...at least it tastes good!~!!

      Delete
  2. Oh you are funny in that quirky way that grandchildren will never forget. I like that.
    Go on a road trip and enjoy. Colette looks good in it:) Happy knitting B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We try to vacation every other year, so this year, vacation money goes into the yard...

      Delete
  3. that last shot is amazing!! gorgeous!! where was that taken - i need to see that in person. so purdy.

    i love the ketchup shot!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. South of Salt lake city on Hwy 50 headed east. THX!

      Delete
  4. Haha! Loved all of these -- but the car crash photo was a hoot. So glad you joined in at R5F this week, Laurel. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate all those who share and leave their comments very much. Laurel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...