Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

One thing leads to another: Art Quilt #2

It's funny how one trip to New Mexico and Arizona can inspire my artistic leanings. I absolutely loved all that Terracotta colored scenery against the blue skies.  We visited a Native American Pueblo in Taos, as I was on a mission to do an Ancil Adams photography shoot of my own.



After seeing all those adobe buildings, I decided that I would paint our fireplace when we got home.  Our house is Spanish style and I thought the colors of the Sedona landscape would perk up our den.


I love how it turned out, but as I glanced around the room, I found that the large framed print on the wall to the left of the fireplace was old and I was tired of looking at it...


Which led to..."hey, I think I'll do another art quilt".  Since this room is more "Dave's Man-Cave", I consulted with my "client" and he agreed on a Southwest Pueblo theme. So here we go...


First things first...the design on muslin.  Then shopping for specific fabrics to round out my color palette.  I work top down, so I'm starting with the sky...a storm is brewing over the Pueblo.  Not sure it's right yet, so I'll keep messing with it.


I'll keep you posted....

Meanwhile, poor Collette is staring at the art quilt scraps with jealousy...awaiting her turn to wear all the yummy fabrics I bought in Dallas and Santa Fe.


Laurel.  Being Creative means never having to say you're sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how your quilt turns out. I like what you're doing with the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh! I love how your quilt is coming together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate all those who share and leave their comments very much. Laurel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...