Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lotto Prayer

Dear Lord,

Well, You didn't give me the lottery jackpot last night so I guess I will just have to move ahead... I had some big plans for that money...I am grateful that all I spent was one dollar, not like some of those schmucks who blew their whole paycheck.  Actually, I didn't even buy the ticket...Dave did, but California is a community property state..sigh...he would have shared...

But I am disappointed still.  Oh the good I would have done...okay, after my first villa in Tuscany...and maybe a little car...

I'm sure that the winner will be just as generous as I planned to be had I won, Lord... You know, giving to the poor, halting global warming, saving the spotted owl...

What, You say...You know my heart? You really think it would have been my undoing? Not right at first, Lord! Okay...I guess there's a slight chance I might get too self centered after a year or two...

Yea, You're probably right...I obsess over the slightest downward click in the Dow today...how would I ever survive a gazillion dollar portfolio...guess You know best...I still would have liked to try...

But hey, Big Guy, thanks for saving me (literally!).

Me.


Laurel.  You didn't win either?

2 comments:

  1. I thought about writing this post. My husband actually got upset with me spending $2 on 2 tickets. He said he did not want even the remotest chance of having to manage that kind of money and certainly not me with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would only end up sleeping on a park bench I paid for if I won.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate all those who share and leave their comments very much. Laurel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...